Sunday night.....May 3rd, 2009....I'm tossing and turning....can't fall asleep.....the clock ticks past midnight....I begin to realize those abdominal pains I'm having are coming every 8 minutes.....I'm in labor......Monday morning.....May 4th, 2009.....contractions continue all night and I am still awake when Scott's alarm goes off.......I tell him excitedly, "We're having a baby today!"....I have my doctor on speed dial
and reschedule my appointment from 4 PM to 930 AM.......chauffer Jenny Ness-Hunk cautiously drives me to see Dr. Spell who gives me the good news that I'll probably be back at the hospital later that day to have a baby....Jenny taxis me home for a belly-busting viewing of "Baby Mama" to help keep my mind off of my own labor....2:15 pm......Scott leaves school early and we head to the hospital.....enthusiastic friends and family arrive shortly after, unknowingly committing to a 14-hour affair....Tuesday morning.....May 5th, 2009....in the wee hours of the morning the clock cruelly ticks past all the predicted birth times of
gambling friends and family......looks like Scott will get his wish for a Cinco de Mayo baby..... ..exhausted Fletcher fans are strewn across uncomfortable furniture in the waiting room.....the minute hand ticks on......4:00 AM.....finally Fletcher decides he's ready for arrival......after 45 minutes of pushing, some projectile vomit and some giggles with Charlotte, labor nurse extraordinaire.....Fletcher enters our world, knotted umbilical cord and all! Wednesday......May 6, 2009.....Fletcher is flooded with adoring fans.....Nan and Pop Whiteman.....Uncle Peter....Grandma Linda and Grandpa Mike....Aunt Joy....Pappy D and Me-Ma Joy....Aunt Mo and Aunt Sav....Great Grandpa and Grandma Woody....Great Grandpa and Grandma Cooper....Great Aunt Maxi and Uncle Frank....Katie and Andrew....Steve and Jenny....Gerald and Jenny....sleep-starved mom and dad catch some zzzz's in between visits from Fletcher's fan club...mom and dad sneak some snuggle time first....
Thursday....May 7, 2009....bouncing back like a champ from his ominous visit with the pediatrician, Fletcher puts on his finest tie and his sassiest sweat pants to pose for his first model shoot...after the photos are snapped, Fletcher is whisked away from the hospital (and the Paparazzi) and heads for home awaiting the arrival of his evening guest list...Uncle Kurt and Leslee, Uncle Rick and Aunt Val, and Pappy D....
No comments:
Post a Comment